Field System Machining performs field machining services
, emergency machine repair, portable machining, on-site machining, and portable in place welding and heat treating field machining services, worldwide. We specialize in weld repairs, an
d machining including line boring, boring, bottle boring, over boring, trepanning, milling, keyway cutting, shaft repair, babbitt bearings, horizontal joint milling, valve machining, valve welding, turbine overhauls, turbine machining, press machining and every other type of portable machining.
One-of-a-Kind Industrial Machinery Repairs like this Super Calendar are our specialty!
In the photograph at left, Field System Machining is milling the vertical ways on a paper mill supercalendar. To learn more about this job, CLICK THIS
Since 1978 FSM has continually built its organization upon a reputation for efficient, quality field services. Distinguished as a technically advanced service supplier, FSM offers a multitude of in depth processes and technical solutions in order to continually provide cost effective, high quality shop and field machining services.
Since 1978 Field System Machining has continually built its organization upon a reputation for efficient, quality field services. Distinguished as a technically advanced service supplier, Field System Machining offers a multitude of in depth processes and technical solutions in order to continually provide cost effective, high quality shop and field machining services. Industrial machinery repair is our only business. Whether you need emergency machinery field repair, emergency machined parts, or emergency machinery shop repair, we can do it!Specialized Machinery Repair Solutions Including . . .
JOURNAL and SHAFT FIELD MACHINING SERVICES:
• Tooling, Grinding & Polishing of Journals, Collector Rings, Slip Rings, Exciter Rings, Thrust Faces, Hydrogen Seals. (Applicable to Turbines, Generators, Motors, Pumps, Drive Shafts, & Propulsion Shafts).
• Welding & Reconditioning of damaged or worn shafts.
• Reverse engineering of old shafts and manufacturing of new replacement shafts and components.
• The most advanced shaft & journal restoration process available to industry today!
LINE BORE MACHINING SERVICES:
• Line boring all types.
• Turbine casings and inner cylinders, nozzle blocks, bearing seats, valves all types and sizes.
• Manways and valve bodies & seats.
• Upper, intermediate & lower seal and wear ring/surfaces.
• Gate valve sealing faces, wicket gate bores and discharge & throat rings.
• Pump and compressor housings & cylinders.
• Gearboxes of all types.
• Equipment stands/frames.
• Stern tubes and rudder and drive shaft bushings.
• Overboring capabilities-2” to unlimited
• Line Boring and Line Bore capabilities -2 ¾” up to FORTY FEET DIAMETER!
• Bottle Bore capabilities up to 14”, but we can go as large as you need.
FIELD MILLING EMERGENCY REPAIR SERVICES:
• Gear Boxes for Mill Stands.
• Table Roll Bores.
• Coiler Roll Bores.
• Crane Pin Bores.
• Cylinder Bores.
• Coupling bolt holes of all kinds.
• Milling Housing Posts (Windows) on Mill Stands.
• Milling Bottom Pads on Mill Stands.
• Milling Platens.
• Milling Rails.
• Pinch Roll Housings.
• Table Roll Pockets.
• Knife Block Seats on Shears.
• T-slot and keyway cutting.
• Horizontal joint milling for turbines, pumps, etc.
• Machining of support ledges for generator spider assembly (Hydro power units.)
• Machining foundations for engines, pumps, generators, compressors motors, etc.
• Machining of platens, die blocks, hammers, anvils, rails, etc.
FIELD HONING, DRILLING & WELDING FIELD MACHINING SERVICES
• Drilling/Honing in all positions.
• Tapping, internal/external threading.
• Counter-Boring and spot facing
• Honing capabilities from 2 ¾” up to 12”, and up to 40’ long
FLANGE FACE FIELD MACHINING SERVICES:
• Turbine Casings, pressure vessels, heat exchangers, process reactors, etc.
• Coupling flanges (Elliptical, Oval and Circular configuration can be accommodated).
• Hand Hole, manway flanges, access doors, valves all types and sizes.
STEAM PATH STEAM TURBINE FIELD MACHINING REPAIR SERVICES:
• Complete turbine parts and service.
• Stationary components:
Refurbishment of nozzles and diaphragms.
Refurbishment of blade rings and blade replacement.
Replacement and machining of seals and packing.
Complete shop and on-site NDE.
Computerized area checks.
• Rotor Components:
Replacement of blades and buckets.
Replacement and repair of erosion shields.
Replacement and repair of tie wires.
Weld repairs to lashing lugs.
Complete welding capabilities and refurbishment to tenons.
Shroud band /cover replacement.
• Complete welding and heat treating capabilities on:
Integral root radial seals.
Partitions & blade rings.
Packing and seal hook fits.
• Steam Path Repair Assessments (Alternative repair recommendations in lieu of often unnecessary & costly replacement parts.)
FORGING INDUSTRY FIELD MACHINING SERVICES:
• Hammer Forge Field Machining Service
• Forging Press Field Machining Services
• Upsetter Field Machining Services
PULP AND PAPER INDUSTRY FIELD MACHINING SERVICES:
• Roll Grinding
• Journal Machining, Journal Sleeving, Journal Repair, Journal Grinding
• Manway Openings
• Supercalendar Field Machining Services
• Vertical and Horizontal Milling Ways, Liners, Mill Stands, Mill Housings