Custom Shop Manufacturing - Manufacturing and Repairing Parts and Machinery - In Shop or At Your Plant
|Above, original packing seal
||Above, replicated packing seal
Field System Machining, in addition to its pioneering and well known field machining solutions, offers one of the Chicago area's complete large dimension machine shops. FSM's South Elgin-based machine shop includes custom manual machining, custom parts manufacturing, custom machinery repair (in shop and on site), machine parts prototyping, machined parts replication, certified welding, machining repairs, and technical consulting. Our machine shop specializes in large dimension machining, large part machining, and industrial machinery repair.
FSM Manufactured this gearbox replacement shaft in one week.
Our fully qualified artisan machinists perform work to precise tolerances up to 0.0004 and 16 RMS. Our 23,000 square foot machine shop is always ready to manufacture your parts or repair your machinery. Field System Machining has served the Chicago area's needs for custom shop machining since 1978.
- We accommodate pieces in our shop up to FORTY TONS.
- Portable field lathes capabilities to twenty foot diameter and 225 tons in weight.
- Vertical Boring and Turning Mill capabilities with diameters to 96" and heights to 96".
- Horizontal Boring Mill capabilities with 96" x 96" table and heights to 96".
- Engine Lathe capabilities with diameters to 48" and lengths to 360".
- Line, Bottle and Over Boring capabilities diameters to 12 inches and lengths to 17 feet; wider and longer upon request.
- Welding Capabilities include complete metallurgical services with required AWS procedures for TIG, MIG, Arc and Brazing.
- Surface Grinding, OD & ID grinding.
- Technical Field and Shop Consulting.
- Metallurgical Services in field and in shop.
- ISO 9001:2000 Pending
Centrally located in Chicago's suburbs just south of I-90, Field System Machining is one of the nation's most capable and accessible custom large capacity, large dimension machine shops, offering custom field machining, custom shop machining, reverse parts manufacturing, and CNC machining solutions since 1978.
Field System Machining Manufactures Portable Milling Equipment